Pepper Steak In Wine SauceFrom brianna 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs - Lean,tender cut of beef steak. Freeze til firm to ease slicing. shopping list
- 1 - Large green bell pepper - cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 - Large onion - cut into wedges shopping list
- 3/4 lb - small fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 3 - cloves of garlic - crushed & chopped fine shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups - dry white wine shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- 2 or 3 - Medium tomatoes - Cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 1/2 tblspns corn Starch - Mixed with water to make a thin paste shopping list
- oil for stir frying shopping list
How to make it
- Mix wine & garlic together & set aside
- Slice steak into thin strips & place in freezer bag.
- Pour wine/garlic mixture over meat
- Pushing the air out, seal freezer bag & place in fridge for several hrs or over night. Turn several times
- When ready to cook:-
- Remove meat strips only from the freezer bag & set aside
- Strain wine marinade in sieve to separate garlic. Set aside
- Heat about 3 tblspns oil in Wok & add peppers, onions & mushrooms.
- Stir fry on med/high heat for about 5 mins. The vegetables should stay crunchy. Place in a bowl & set aside
- Add a little more oil to Wok & add meat. Stir fry til meat is cooked & tender
- Add reserved garlic & stir for a minute. The juices will turn a golden brown.
- Add reserved wine marinade & a couple of shakes of pepper & simmer for a few minutes
- Thicken slightly with corn starch paste. Set aside
- In another deep flat bottom pan ( I use my electric frying pan) add the vegetables & reheat
- Pour the meat & sauce over the vegetables & mix together
- Place tomato wedges on top & simmer, covered for a few minutes until the tomatoes are slightly cooked
- Ready to serve with your favorite side dishes
The Cookbrianna CA
The Rating9 people
This sounds incredible. Can't wait to try. Great post my friend and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Wonderful post! This will be a favorite with both my husband and I.
Thanks for posting!pat2me in Nashua loved it
This looks and sounds so delicious - and your photo is great. I love cooking with wine and look forward to trying this out. Thanks so sharing! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!