14 Cup Fruit Salad For A CrowdFrom keni 6 years ago
- 1 large(14ozish) can pineapple chunks, drained well shopping list
- 3 small cans mandarin orange segments, drained well shopping list
- 1 large can pitted dark or sour cherries, drained well(NOT pie filling)--or, you can sub 2 cups seedless grapes shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 2 cups mini marshmallows shopping list
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans shopping list
- ~~~splash of vanilla~~~ shopping list
How to make it
- In bottom of large serving bowl, mix sour cream with vanilla.
- Add coconut and marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Fold in fruits until well coated.
- Add pecans to top either before chilling or before serving.
- Chill at least an hour.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
So glad you posted this! My mom used to make something very similar, and I lost the recipe! She would always make it on Easter, and she would use the springtime colored marshmallows! Great post.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Thanks for the recipe suggestion, Keni. I made it for the party this past weekend, and it went over very well. I didn't add the coconut, and forgot to add the pecans, but was very tasty as-is. Thanks for a simple and affordable fruit salad recipe!susanmay in loved it