Southern Fried CabbageFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 3 slices bacon, cut into thirds shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste shopping list
- 1 head cabbage, cored and sliced shopping list
- 1 white onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 pinch white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Add cabbage, onion, and sugar to the pot; cook and stir continuously for 5 minutes, until tender.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating13 people
I would totally eat this by itself! Sounds great. I saute cabbage as a side dish occasionally, but this would really 'kick it up a notch'. You have my five!fizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
Hi what a great post got my 5er on this one I am a Southerner, born and raised in the South and my mother use to cook cabbage like this tried my hand at it but lost her recipe thanks for this great post.
Have a great evening!!!!!!!
moresilverqueen in Albany loved it
Wonderfully different way to enjoy cabbage.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!