Vegan Chai Coconut CakeFrom shandalulu 7 years ago
- 1 c Chai tea shopping list
- 1/3 c Uncooked quick oatmeal (Not instant) shopping list
- 1 c whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 c unbleached white flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ginger shopping list
- 3/4 c Raw Cane sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tbsp Organic maple syrup shopping list
- 1/2 c Chopped pecans (Optional) shopping list
- 1/2 c flaked coconut, 2 tbsp Reserved shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the Chai ahead of time by steeping two teabags in one cup of boiling water until cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients (oatmeal through sugar) in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the Chai, applesauce, vinegar, vanilla, syrup, pecans and all but the 2 tablespoons of coconut.
- Mix well, and pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the reserved coconut and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookshandalulu West Valley City, UT
The Rating11 people
I love Chai and Coconut...i have to try this one :)turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
really, really good!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Hooray for vegans way to go Shandalulu Love this recipe.
Michaeltrigger in loved it