Basic Cake MixFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Mix well.
- Store in jars or other airtight containers. This mix will keep almost indefinitely on the shelf of the pantry, or your freezer, and you only need use what you want for each specific cake you're about to bake.
- For a basic white cake, all you need is:
- 2 cups of the dry mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Then, add your favorite flavoring, and mix well.
- Baking time will depend on the type and size of pan you're using.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating44 people
HOW cool is this?? Go chef E!! :)
A+A+A+ * * * * *lanacountry in Macon loved it
go chef E go chefE go chefE
5 ptsfrodo in meadville loved it
What a great idea! This is great with the holidays coming up! Thanks for the post.cookinggood in Leesburg loved it