Macaroni And Cheese With Jalapeno CasseroleFrom mrjwjohnson 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 jalapenos, minced and seeded shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon TABASCO® brand green pepper Sauce shopping list
- 1/4 small onion, minced (optional) shopping list
- 5 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni, dry shopping list
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Sauté minced jalapenos and onion until tender.
- Add flour, pepper and green pepper sauce and stir mixture for two minutes.
- Gradually add milk until smooth and creamy.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Cook macaroni until tender
- Drain macaroni.
- Add shredded cheese to sauce and stir until melted.
- Add sauce to macaroni in a buttered casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs and bake until top is brown and bubbly.
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookmrjwjohnson Delmar, MD
The Rating11 people
This sounds terrific!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
Yumola,this sounds so good to me. I will be trying this soon. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Yum, never thought to add jalapenos.Fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it