Dads Chicken Dumpling DinnerFrom lovethedepp 7 years ago
- chicken Mixture: shopping list
- 2- whole fryer chickens (about 3 lbs. each), rinsed. shopping list
- 6 cups boiling water shopping list
- 1 T. salt shopping list
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cut up celery shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
- 2 cups cold water shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- Dumplings: shopping list
- 2- 12 ounce packages frozen, shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Put chickens, boiling water, and salt into a large saucepot.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer covered 2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- Cool till able to handle.
- Remove chicken from bones leaving meat in large pieces. Set aside.
- Skim fat from broth, measure and add enough water to make 4 cups.
- Return broth to large saucepot and add vegetables.
- Cover and simmer until veggies are tender about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add cold water to flour and stir till well blended.
- Gradually add water and flour to hot veggies in saucepot; stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to mixture and heat thoroughly.
- For dumplings:
- Put hashbrowns into a bowl and separate with a fork.
- Add cheese, flour, salt, pepper and eggs; mix with fork.
- Put half of hot chicken into each of two 13 x 9 baking dishes or one large roasting pan.
- Drop dumpling mixture by tablespoonfuls onto hot chicken mixture.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until dumplings are done.
- Sprinkle with snipped parsely before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 18
- joshie703 Louisville, KY
- bckyv88 Saint Joseph, Mo
- theiris Garden City, MI
- angieaugusta Adelaide, Australia
- petunia97 Gonzales, LA
- meals4abby Valders, WI
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- quepidoll Dadeville, AL
- tsehnert Lincoln, NE
- Plus 8 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklovethedepp Central, WI
The Rating11 people
Comfort food, you bet!! FIVE from this old bat in the woods of Muskoka! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
wonderful i love it thanks so much
minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Not having an army to feed I would have to cut this way back, It looks great and we would enjoy it.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!