Amazing Orange And Chili Ricotta Cheese CakeFrom turtle66 8 years ago
- Store bought Puff pastry dough (Thawed) shopping list
- 160g fresh Ricotta, drained well shopping list
- 2 extra-large eggs shopping list
- 1/8 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 navel orange, organic preferable, thinly slice shopping list
- some candied orange peel, some diced to mix into the cake, some stripes for garnish shopping list
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes, mixed with a few drops of balsamic vinegar shopping list
- marmalade, slightly heated up (easier to spread over the top of cake) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven 375F
- Line the thawed out puff pastry dough in a oiled 7-inch diameter spring form Pan, cover, keep in the fridge while you preparing the filling.
- Push the ricotta through a fine sieve twice. Stir in sugar, two eggs and diced orange peel. Pour the mixture into the dough, arrange some fresh orange slices and red pepper on top edges.
- Bake in 375F oven for 10 minutes, then lower to 350F until the top feel slightly firm, about another 15 minutes. place the cake on a rack to cool.
- When the cake is just warm to the touch, tear off the foil (if you use disposable foil container), brush marmalade over the top and arrange more orange peels on top.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- chiki_minki Epsom,Surrey, UK, GB
- kimberry Mesa, Arizona
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- danadooley Singapore, SG
- choclytcandy IN
- djimmey EATONVILLE, WA
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- jlv1023 Plymouth, WI
- misslizzi Philadelphia, PA
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookturtle66 Sacramento, CA
The Rating8 people
All I can say is "Wow". Definitely a 5!danadooley in Singapore loved it
same thought as above! wowmidgelet in Eastern loved it
Somehow wow does not even cut it....is there a word above wow? What about scrumptous or glorious?
Turtle, have you made it yet and how difficult was it?angelinaw in St Louis loved it