US ARMY SOSFrom shibattou 5 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour, all purpose shopping list
- 1 cube beef bouillon shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Drain excess fat and set beef aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Slowly add the flour, stirring constantly, to form a brown roux.
- Add the bouillon.
- Gradually stir in the milk and Worcestershire sauce, mixing well.
- Add the cooked ground beef, salt, and pepper.
- Bring all to a simmer, stirring constantly. Serve hot over buttered toast.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookshibattou Fort Mohave, AZ.
The Rating15 people
This is exactly how I make it! Only I learned from a Marine!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
just like yhe mess sargent used to make. never thought I would want it again but I seem to crave this now and again.(sheesh next thing ya know I'll be craving push ups) thanks for the recipebobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
Love this stuff - my Dad, who was in the Army..couldn't stand it...lol. Thanks for a great post!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it