Killer Italian Baked PotatoesFrom thegoldminer 9 years ago
How to make it
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- lay flat cut side down. It is now easy to slice the potato!
- Slice thin as possible (like making potatoes chips). Why thin? Dressing penetrates better.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes and a lot of the dressing (oil, vinegar, water and packet of mix) that has been made ahead of time. I have a plastic container that I make use to make two packages of the Italian Seasoning. It doesn't last long in this house. This is good for adding to 3-4 bean salad to kick it up a notch.
- Using a large mixing bowl, stir the potatoes and dressing until all sides of every slice is coated. Mix it up good. This is when you can add extra fresh squeezed garlic.
- Pour into a 9 x 12 glass baking dish, pour on some more dressing over the dish of potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for at least 45 minutes (longer if necessary) until the top is looking crispy. When the top is crisp so is the bottom layer against the glass. These are the layers we fight over. I salt and pepper after dishing to the plate. Yummy smell when cooking and "oh" the taste buds when eaten! Enjoy. JJ
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating3 people
WOW...just found this one! Cannot wait to try it!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I have made these several times, just love them!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I have had these a long time ago... thanks for posting it... It is wonderful Good post and I like the baby pictures!linebb956 in La Feria loved it