My Version Of Shrimp In Brown Gravy Over Mashed PotatoesFrom donman 5 years ago
- ½ stick salted butter shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped shopping list
- ½ bunch green onions, finely chopped (cut and save the tops for garnishing) shopping list
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used frozen 51-60 ct. e-z peeled and deveined shrimp) shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- Salt to taste shopping list
- 6 medium idaho potatoes (peeled, cut into chunks, boiled and hand mashed with no butter, just salt to taste) shopping list
- vegetable of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in 10 inch, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add celery and green onion and sweat until clear.
- Add garlic and shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp are pink. (Stirring frequently so that the shrimp get cooked on both sides)
- Mix cornstarch in the cold water and add to the shrimp mixture.
- Stir until heated thoroughly.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet, the pepper and salt.
- Lower the heat to simmer, stir and cover for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over the freshly hand mashed potatoes. Garnish with the green onion tops and add your favorite vegetable on the side.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating7 people
Ok Donman, this sounds heavenly! Shrimp? Gravy? I'm there! This is on the menu for this weekend...
--Kn0x--(straight to the saves and a high 5'er for you!)knoxcop in Knoxville loved it
Yumminess!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Ohmigosh, what a great idea! Saved and printed. Thank you!modelsmom in Worcester loved it