Penne With Pancetta And Garlic CreamFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- 1 pound fresh penne or other ridged pasta tubes (we used dried organic penne from Trader Joe's that is excellent) shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 pound pancetta, diced shopping list
- 1 head garlic, roasted shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese shopping list
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, chiffonade shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 8 cups salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the penne. Return the water to a boil and cook the pasta for 2 or 3 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the pasta, toss with the olive oil, and set aside.
- In a very large saute pan over med-high heat, cook the diced pancetta for 6-8 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the pancetta from the saute pan and set it aside.
- Squeeze the pulp from the head of roasted garlic. Add it, and the chopped garlic to the pancetta oil in the pan and saute until the mixture begins to give off its aroma, 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the wine and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until about 2 tablespoons of the liquid remain. Add the cream and cook for 4-5 more minutes, or until the cream thickens. Add half the Parmesan cheese and season the mixture with salt & pepper. Add the pasta and pancetta, mix together, and cook just until the pasta is heated through.
- Place the pasta on a serving platter and top with the remaining cheese and basil leaves.
- NOTE: If you can't find pancetta easily, substitute pepper bacon.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating12 people
A fiver for sure! Looks delicious!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
Roasted garlic makes a difference I look forward to in a quality Penne With Pancetta And Garlic Cream.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
Great recipe 5 from me :)
Arthurcookingforfun in Marblehead loved it