Puff PastryFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
How to make it
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl;
- add the lemon juice and the butter broken into pieces the size of a walnut.
- Add sufficient cold water to bind the ingredients together.
- Turn on to a floured board, and roll the pastry into a long strip.
- Fold it in three, and press the edges together.
- Half turn the pastry, roll it with the rolling pin to equalize the air in it, and again roll it into a strip.
- Fold in three and repeat this until the pastry has had four rolls, folds and half-turns.
- Refrigerate until ready to use, or use immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 26
- leotie Nowhere, Us
- slugboy123 River Oaks, U.s.a
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- superfox12082 Somewhere, Minnesota
- margic Orillia, Canada
- justlikemikey Nowhere, Us
- AmberSoleil Auburndale, Florida
- azuretash Nowhere, Us
- elinorcotton Nowhere, Us
- fearlessfosdick Scarborough, CA
- Plus 16 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating60 people
I like the idea of making the pastry versus just buying it. Homemade always tastes better. Thanks for sharing!angelinaw in St Louis loved it
great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I love puff pastry - is not easy to make, but so rewarding...elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!