Pineapple Pound CakeFrom mommyluvs2cook 7 years ago
- 1/2 c. veg. shortening shopping list
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 2 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 3 c. sifted flour shopping list
- 1/4 c. milk shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 c. crushed pineapple (undrained) shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar shopping list
- 1c. crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Cream shortening, butter and sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each one. Sift flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Add vanilla and pineapple with juice. Blend well. Pour into well greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Place in COLD oven. Turn oven to 325 and bake 1 1/2 hours, or until top springs back when touched. Let cool in pan a few minutes.
- Cream 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, and 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained. Pour over cake while cake is still hot.
People Who Like This Dish 52
The Cookmommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
The Rating15 people
THIS IS WHAT WE CALL IN TEXAS "TRUE COUNTRY COOKIN" YOU ROCK!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
YUM! ;9angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
Sounds kinda like my Inside Out Pineapple Pound cake....yummy recipe. I'll try yours!jett2whit in Union City loved it