Russian Beef StroganoffFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 2 pounds filet mignon, cubed (it is important to use filet) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1 pound white button mushrooms shopping list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup beef broth shopping list
- 2/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat cast iron Dutch oven (dry, no oil).
- Brown beef cubes in batches.
- Remove from pot and set aside.
- Melt butter and saute onion until soft.
- Add mushrooms and saute 20 minutes, stirring often, to caramelize.
- Sprinkle in the flour.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in beef broth, cream, sour cream and mustard.
- Simmer on low to thicken, about five (5) minutes.
- Return beef to pot and stir to coat with sauce and heat through.
- Stir in dill, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Serve over noodles (or rice).
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating8 people
This is the best comfort food I can think of!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
This recipe is very well put together. I'm saving it to try out!juels in Clayton loved it
This sounds superb. a must-keep, and a must-cook! HIGH FIVE, Lorraine! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!