Cinnamon Swirl Raisin BreadFrom trigger 8 years ago
- Bread: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks, shopping list
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 envelope (2 1/4 teaspoons) rapid-rise yeast shopping list
- Cinnamon Sugar: shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins lightly packed shopping list
How to make it
- Plump Raisins: Add enough boiling water to cover raisins and soak for 20 minutes until plump. Drain execs water before adding to filling
- For the cinnamon sugar: Combine ingredients in small bowl, breaking up clumps. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- For the bread: Spray large bowl with cooking spray.
- Whisk milk, melted butter, and yolks in large liquid measuring cup.
- Mix 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar, yeast, sugar, flour, and salt in large bowl of standing mixer fitted with dough hook.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add milk mixture.
- After dough comes together, increase speed to medium and mix until dough is smooth and comes away from sides of bowl, 5 to 6 minutes.
- (If dough seems too sticky, add up to 1/4 cup more flour during kneading.)
- Turn dough out onto unfloured counter.
- Knead to form smooth, round ball.
- Transfer dough to greased bowl and turn to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. (Do not place in warm oven, or sugar in dough will melt.)
- Spray 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- On lightly floured surface, press dough into 20 by 8-inch rectangle, with short side facing you.
- Using spray bottle, lightly and evenly spray dough with water.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar over dough, leaving 2-inch border along top edge. Lightly spray cinnamon sugar with water until damp but not wet.
- Distribute the raisins evenly over cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Starting at edge nearest you, roll up dough, then pinch seam and ends closed.
- Place loaf seam side down in prepared pan, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let rise at room temperature until 1 inch above rim of pan, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter and brush over top of dough.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar and bake until top is deep brown and center of bread registers 185 to 190 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Turn bread out onto rack and cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Slice as desired. (Bread can be kept in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating21 people
Wow i can smell it baking now mmmmmmm haha love cinnamon breads
yummy mr baker man .........five
tink aka miniminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yummy ..Michael..send me some of it?? :)
55555lanacountry in Macon loved it
Flagged!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it