Grandmas Porkchop Scalloped PotatoesFrom juels 8 years ago
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- pepper and salt to taste shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (the kind you would normally drink) shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 6 medium red potatoes shopping list
- 1 lb. pork chops shopping list
- 1 tsp. chipotle cinnamon spice (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Grease 9x13 inch casserole dish and set aside.
- For sauce, in a skillet cook onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, pepper and a pinch of salt. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir till thickened. Add wine and heavy cream. Cook and stir another 5 minutes.
- Wash potatoes. Do not peel skins off. THINLY slice potatoes. Place half the sliced potatoes in the prepared casserole. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Cover with half the sauce.
- Mix together cheddar and monterey jack cheeses. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over potatoes.
- Season the pork chops with chipotle cinnamon spice. (Can be subbed with just salt and pepper, or pork rub spice). Place seasoned pork chops over potatoes. Leave the pork chops whole for easy portioning (one per person).
- Place the other half of sliced potatoes over the pork chops. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle with the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, in a 350F oven for 40 min. Uncover and bake 30 min. more, or till potatoes are tender and the cheese is lightly browned.
- *Hint: potatoes will cook through better if they are sliced real thin.
People Who Like This Dish 48
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating14 people
Omg grandma is a doll!!!!!!!!!! cant ever go wrong with grandmas cooking very yummy a keeper for sure
omg !!!! chipolte cinnamon spice wow!!! what a flavor this has. and jack cheese wow i might use pepper jack i love it yummm.... a must try.....moreminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Gotta love this one! Thanks, grandma. You know, Julia, you have adjusted to this style of cooking quite well in my opinion. Thanks!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
awsome recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it