Arancia Nero Torta- Italian Black And Orange CakeFrom greekgirrrl 5 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- Orange Filling shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange liquor (not too sweet) shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 15 ounce cans mandarin oranges, drained shopping list
- whipped cream Filling shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 Tbs orange liquor shopping list
How to make it
- Line the bottoms of two 8 inch round cake pans with parchment paper circles.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, until combined.
- Pour the batter equally into the cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove and allow the cakes to cool completely.
- Remove the cakes from the pans and the paper from the cakes.
- Cut each layer in half, horizontally, making 4 layers total.
- Sprinkle layers with the 1/2 cup orange liquor.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gently blend in the mandarin oranges.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon orange liquor.
- Divide the orange filling into thirds to spread on each of the bottom three cake layers. Divide the whipped cream into fourths to spread on all four cake layers.
- Spread the first layer of oranges on the the bottom cake layer. Top with a layer of whpped cream.
- Place a cake layer on top of the oranges and whipped cream. Repeat spreading the oranges and whipped cream with the next two layers.
- The top should only be spread with the whipped cream. You may want to sprinkle the top with chocolate curls.
- Note: You reserve a few orange slices or have another small can of mandarin oranges to top the cake. You may also double the whipped cream portion so you may frost the sides of the cake.
- If you don't want to use orange liquor you can substitute orange syrup.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating9 people
OH MY GOODNESS, this recipe is fantastic! What a delicious post, thanks so much!!m2googee in Tomball loved it
This sounds awsome thanks for the post I will be making this, this weekendrescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it
whoa - sounds decadent for sure!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Tips And Advice495 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Checkin Central283 members
Coffee Talk123 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Italian Food93 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
Angel Foods5 members
Heat In The Kitchen315 members
BIRTHDAY CLUB123 members