Easy Cereal BarsFrom laurieg 5 years ago
- This is a recipe we came up with to replace the cereal bars sold in stores because they all contain trace amounts of almonds for some reason and my 8 yr old has a treenut allergy. shopping list
- 3 cups of cereal- This is great to use up the ends of all the boxes of cereal in your pantry...It is better if you use 3 different kinds but totally up to you. We have used, rice crispies,kix,reeses peanut butter,cookie crist, cheerios. For a more healthy option 2 1/2 cups of cereal and 1/2 cup of wheat germ. shopping list
- 2 cups quick cooking oats shopping list
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips shopping list
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- These are the chips my kids like but we have used butterscotch or vanilla -whatever is in the pantry. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter shopping list
- cooking spray (pam) shopping list
How to make it
- I used a 9 X 13 pan spray very very well with pam- if not you will never get them out :)
- get a extra large mixing bowl and add all the ingredients. I usually let the kids do this pour a cup of their fav in the bowl.
- mix all together
- spray the kids hands with pam
- and let them press the mixture into the pan.
- bake on 350 , if you like the cereal bars crispy bake a little longer.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cooklaurieg Wilmington, MA
The Rating10 people
Love this a lot added it to bar Cookies bar none.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Very nice, laurie! You have my five and my thanks for joining the group ~ ~ ~
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
I keep coming back to this recipe...I've got to try it. :)keni in Sweet Home loved it