Chicken TuscanyFrom cookingforfun 5 years ago
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 shallots, chopped shopping list
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth (not chicken broth) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, half the chicken pieces, and a couple of crushed cloves of garlic.
- Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove from pan. Add remaining olive oil, another single turn of the pan, the remaining chicken pieces and garlic.
- Brown chicken 2 minutes on each side and remove. Add vinegar to the pan. Let it cook off.
- Add butter, shallots, and rosemary to the pan and cook 2 minutes, add flour and cook 1 minute more.
- Whisk in wine, reduce 1 minute. Whisk in broth and bring liquids up to a bubble.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer over moderate heat 7 to 8 minutes to finish cooking chicken through.