Pan Fried Onion DipFrom chefsharon 7 years ago
- one head of garlic, roasted shopping list
- 2 large yellow onions shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- dash of sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- kosher or sea salt to taste, about 1 teaspoon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite fresh crushed pepper shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayo shopping list
How to make it
- Roast the garlic w/ olive oil, salt, and pepper by cutting the top off the garlic to expose the top of each clove. Sprinkle w/ olive oil, salt, and pepper and wrap tightly w/ foil. Roast for 45 minutes @ 350 degrees. Open and press the garlic out.
- Slice the onions into medium thick rounds. Warm the butter and the oil and sauté the onions and add the cayenne, salt, and pepper on medium for about 10 minutes, then turn the heat to medium low and add a dash of sugar. The onions will caramelize and turn a yummy brown.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and may together and beat until smooth. Add the onions and roasted garlic and SERVE!
The Cookchefsharon The Woodlands, TX
The Rating17 people
This is 100 x's better then your onion soup mix dip, which I like too btw. LOL But I won't make it again after this recipe. Enjoy! ~Sharonchefsharon in The Woodlands loved it
This is FABULOUS Sharon. Never the store bought stuff again.helewes in Newton loved it
I'm glad you enjoyed it!chefsharon in The Woodlands loved it