Rafaello CheeseballsFrom juels 6 years ago
- 225 grams (about 2 cups) shredded Mexican 4 cheese mix(availiable in any food market in the cheese section) shopping list
- 4-5 tbsp. mayo shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 20 black medium seedless olives, or use any of your favourite olive that is stuffed with pimento, blue cheese, etc. shopping list
- 10 walnut halves, sliced in half lengthwise to make 20 nut pieces shopping list
- 3 imitation crab meat sticks, or use cooked crab meat, if you like shopping list
How to make it
- Mix shredded cheese with 4-5 tbsp. mayo. Add pressed garlic, salt and pepper to taste and mix till well combined. It will have a dough-like consistency. *Note: you can reduce the amount of garlic, if don't like the strong garlicky taste.
- If using black seedless olives, make a slit in each one and stuff with a piece of walnut. If you choose to use any other stuffed olives (pimento, blue cheese, etc.), omit this step.
- In a food processor chop the crab sticks until finely chopped. Remove to a shallow plate.
- Take about a tbsp. of cheese mixture and flatten it in your hand like a pancake. Place a stuffed olive in the center. Bring the sides of the cheese mixture up and around the olive, making it into a ball. Use more cheese if needed.
- Roll the cheese ball in the crab mixture. *Note: if using real crab meat, season it first to taste. These are filling, so plan 2 per serving.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating15 people
These look fantastic. Will try for Christmas!pleclare in Framingham loved it
These look and sound fantastic Julia. My wife should love these.
Printed this one out.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
Absolutely lovely sounding AND looking, julia. Thanks and my five!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Party Food316 members
Russian Speakers22 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
All Holidays135 members
Russian American Food Lovers36 members
Appetizers And Dips268 members
101 A Cheese Place144 members
Companys Coming115 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Cheese Lovers101 members