Baked Rigatoni With Grilled EggplantFrom softgrey 8 years ago
- 1/2 a large eggplant-sliced into thick rounds-about 1/2 inch each shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- about 1/4 lb Rigatoni -1/4 of a box shopping list
- tomato sauce-already prepared and cooked-about one cup shopping list
- 1/4 cup mozarella-shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup mozarella thinly sliced shopping list
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste shopping list
- 6 large fresh basil leaves-torn into small pieces shopping list
- *if you do not have fresh basil- do NOT use any...dry basil should be banned in my opinion shopping list
How to make it
- Put eggplant slices in a casserole dish and drizzle with olive oil. Coat slices completey with oil on both sides and set on grill to cook. Turn egplant over once when you begin to see the flesh of the egglpant getting translucent. Keep the casserole dish aside as this is what you will bake the pasta in later.
- Once eggplant is soft and cooked-chop it into bite size pieces.
- While eggplant is grilling, cook rigatoni until al dente-almost done, but still a bit hard.
- Drain pasta and toss into casserole dish with enough tomato sauce to coat nicely without drowning the pasta.
- Next, add the parmesan, shredded mozarella and torn basil. Mix thoroughly.
- Add chopped eggplant and toss gently.
- Place thin slices of mozarella to cover the entire mixture and sprinkle with additional parmesan.
- Cover casserole and cook in a 375 degree oven for abot 30 minutes...until sauce is bubbling and mozarella is completely melted.
- Serve immediately.
- May be served with extra sauce and extra parmesan, but I didn't think it needs it..
- * you could also add some ricotta cheese when you add the other cheeses for a creamier dish.
- *if you have some ricotta salata that would be very good shredded on top when served in individual portions....makes it look good and taste even better...
The Cooksoftgrey New York
The Rating5 people
What can I say absoulutly perfect. Well done and Thank youunicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
Yummm...I too, love eggplant! The simple dishes like this are some of the best! Simply beautiful! ^5lori4flavor in Chicago loved it
This looks good, healthy, and easy. Thank you and yum!misahungry in Hightstown loved it