Overnight Mexican Egg BakeFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- 1 pound hot breakfast sausage shopping list
- 1 small diced sweet onion shopping list
- 2 (2¼ ounce) cans diced green chilies shopping list
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers, seeds removed shopping list
- optional ingredients: diced tomatoes, sautéed green peppers and/or mushrooms shopping list
- 3 cups Mexican Blend grated cheese shopping list
- 9 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip mix, or a teaspoon taco seasoning mix, optional shopping list
- a little garlic powder, red pepper flakes, cumin for seasoning (any or all are optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Fry sausage and onion until cooked through; drain.
- In a generously buttered 9x13 glass baking dish, layer the sausage and onions, then chilies, jalapenos, any optional ingredients, then cheese.
- Beat egg, milk, flour and seasoning together; pour over layers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, jalapeno slices and some crushed blue corn or regular tortilla chips for toppings.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating10 people
Yum, Krum, this one sounds delicious. I love a little spicy, even tho it kills my tummy sometimes.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Ohhhh, yeah.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!