Grilled Ham Apple Gruyere Sandwich With Blueberry JamFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- butter, softened shopping list
- 4 slices crusty Italian, Pane or Rustic style bread shopping list
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and sliced into medium slices shopping list
- enough gruyere cheese slices to cover bread shopping list
- Dijon mustard, optional (my husband loves it, but I prefer it without - add it if it floats your boat!) shopping list
- enough blueberry jam to spread on outside of grilled sandwich shopping list
How to make it
- Generously butter the outside of 4 slices of bread.
- Lay 2 slices in a pan, buttered side down, and cover with cheese slices
- Next, add a layer of ham, then a layer of apple slices.
- Top sandwich with other slices of bread, butter side up.
- Cover sandwiches loosely with foil and heat on low heat until cheese layer begins to melt.
- Gently flip sandwich, keeping filling intact.
- No need to re-cover with foil at this point – just continue to heat until bottom of sandwich is browned.
- Cut each sandwich in half and spread top of each half with blueberry jam; serve immediately.
- NOTE: In place of blueberry jam, use a jalapeno jam for a different taste “bite” – my husband likes it even better this way. I’m a much “sweeter” person, so I go with the blueberry jam…or strawberry is good, too, especially if I have some homemade handy. I’m sure any jam flavor would go well with this sandwich!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
Kind of like a Pannini, except it's not squished! I love hot sandwiches. They're delicious. Mango chutney tastes great on them. A high five from me Krum:)
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
GREAT combination of flavors!! HIGH FIVE, Krumkake!!
Elaine ~:+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Just reading the description make me hungry! Love the flavors here! Apples and cheese...yum!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!