U P PastyFrom sunflower48386 5 years ago
- Pasty Dough shopping list
- 4 c. flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. Crisco shopping list
- 1 c. water + 1 egg> mixed together shopping list
- 1 teas. salt shopping list
- Pasty ingredients shopping list
- 1 lb. ground chuck shopping list
- 2 potatoes, chopped small cubes (1/4 inch or smaller) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 rutabega shopping list
- 1 carrot, diced (optional) shopping list
- 6 Tb. butter or margarine shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Stir in water until mixture forms a ball.
- Separate into 4 even parts. roll out each into 4 or 5 inch circle
- Mix ground chuck,potatoes, onion , rutabega , carrot,salt and pepper.
- Put a 1/2 c. (maybe little more) of the mixture on one end of the circle.
- Put a pat of butter on mix. Fold the empty half of dough over the mix. Fold edges and seal.
- cut a few slits in slits in top. Put on cookie sheet and bake 350 degrees for 1 hour. enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooksunflower48386 White Lake, MI
The Rating9 people
Mmmmmm i love these great post
five......whats the U P stand for???
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I love pasties - they are so delicious! There's something so neato about a little tasty meat pie of your own. Great post - and I'm with Tink...what does U P stand for? Thanks! ;) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Ok I'm with Luna and Tink, what does U P stand for, the pies sound wonderful, but now I'll be up all nite wondering about U Pgagagrits in Irmo loved it