Garlic White LasagnaFrom irishiz 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb hot italian sausage (in casings) - BUT, I use mild italian chicken sausage shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 jar (12oz) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c white wine shopping list
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen spinach shopping list
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beated shopping list
- 2 jars, (16 oz each) creamy alfredo sauce shopping list
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked shopping list
- 2 packages (6 oz) sliced mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Remove sausage from casings and brown in a skillet till crumbled - drain sausage, reserving 1 tbsp drippings. cook onion and garlic in drippings till tender. Stir in sausage, red peppers, and wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook about 5 min. to let most of the liquid evaporate.
- Meanwhile, cook spinach according to package: drain and squeeze out excess liquid with paper towels. Combine spinach, ricotta, salt, pepper, and egg. Stir well. Spread 1 cup of alfredo sauce in bottom of 9x13 baking pan. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Top with half of spinach/cheese mixand half of sausage mix.
- Place 4 slices of mozzarella on top and repeat layers. Top with 4 remaining lasagna noodles and mozzarella slices. Sread remaining alfredo sauce over cheese and noodles; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 1 hr. Uncover during last 15 minutes to brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
The Cookirishiz Annapolis, MD
The Rating7 people
Looks great!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Very nicely done, irish! Five for you.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
this is wonderful!! saving to try.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!