Reuben RollFrom juels 6 years ago
- 1 frozen yeast bread loaf (like Rhodes brand) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced pastrami shopping list
- 1/4 cup Russian or thousand island dressing shopping list
- 3/4 cup bavarian style souerkraut, drained shopping list
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced Swiss or muenster cheese, or use shredded cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- Let the defrosted bread loaf rise in a warm place until doubled.
- When the dough has doubled in size, punch it slightly and roll into a thin rectangle on a floured surface.
- Lay pastrami over top of dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border around edges. spread dressing over pastrami. Spread souerkraut over top and layer with cheese.
- Roll up the rectangle from the long side. Tuck in the sides and seal the edges by brushing some water on the seams.
- Heat oven to 400F. Grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper. Place the Reuben roll, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.Let rest for about 10 minutes, then slice.
- *Note: do not slice this thin, otherwise the filling may not stay in as well.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating23 people
Here you go again, julia.. just the most fun and relatively easy dish and you've got my mouth watering! Five, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh yeah - now this is the kind food I'm game for and I love reubens...love them! I can't imagine how delicious this is - and how pretty it is to serve. I'll be trying this for the weekend games - thanks, Julia hon! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
I'm back - and lovin' the pics! Gosh, that looks good. :)lunasea in Orlando loved it