Ultimate Baked BaconFrom thegoldminer 5 years ago
How to make it
- Place heavy duty aluminum foil on a broiler tray.
- Fold up all edges twice to make 1/2 inch walls to contain the grease.
- Lay the slices alternatiing the ends to get more pieces on the tray.
- See pic for laying strips of bacon.
- Broiler tray should be placed on the rack in the middle of the oven.
- This position has the bacon on the tray above the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375.
- Pull out the tray, turn all slices over, cook another 10 minutes. This is to give the underside some color.
- I use a separate oven thermometer to make sure the temp. is correct.
- If they look pretty as picture after the last 10 minutes, remove, place on paper towel and blot the excess grease.
- Baked bacon is totally different in texture than frying.
- Thick slices of good bacon are just outstanding. What a treat and it was very nice of the chef to tell me what they did to make their bacon taste so good.
- They serve incredible food and staying there is a real treat. Hope you can get there some day. The McCallum House -Mendicino Ca.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating2 people
The bacon is in the oven as I type. LOL!!! get it, as I speak?????) Oh My, I have too much time on my hands. I will post back after we eat!a1patti in Salem loved it
OMG!!!!!! absolutely perfect!!!! ^555555555555555555!!a1patti in Salem loved it
This is a WONDERFUL way to cook bacon ! When me and the hubby co-owned a coffeehouse/cafe' this is always the way we cooked bacon. OOOPPSSS...maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the cafe'...now I will be required to submit more recipes...grin.. ;o)dixiejet in Downsville loved it