Layered BurritosFrom bakermanrooster 6 years ago
- 2 pounds of good hamburger (ground chuck-ground sirloin--ETC.) shopping list
- 1package of burrito seasoning per pound of hamburger. shopping list
- 1 large can of refried beans. or make your own. shopping list
- 1 jar of picante sauce. I use hot Pace. shopping list
- 2 TBSPS. of pickled jalapenos or fresh diced fine. (if you want it smoky use chipolte peppers in adobo sauce). shopping list
- 6 burrito size tortillas. shopping list
- 1 TBSP. cumin. shopping list
- 4 cups or more to taste--pepper jack cheese or cheddar or your favorite. (shredded). shopping list
How to make it
- Brown your hamburger pour off grease if any add burrito seasoning package or packages mix thourghly, add diced jalapenos set aside.
- In a large saucepan add refried beans and picante sauce heat until bubbly.
- Smear a thin layer of the bean mix on the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish to prevent sticking.
- Then put 2 tortillas on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- A layer of the bean mixture.
- A layer of the beef mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Then 2 more tortillas and repeat the bean mixture and meat mixture and cheese until you have filled the casserole dish or ran out of the goodies.
- If you have extra goodies but not enough to make another layer then grab a spoon and mix all the left overs and use one of the remaining tortillas and sample, cooks option (LOL)
- Top it with cheese cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes uncover and bake the other 15 minutes until bubbly.
- I serve it with a cold Beer or pop for the kids and as Rachael Ray would say YUMMO.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookbakermanrooster Wichita, KS
The Rating14 people
very nice post.... easy, and very good... I love the combo...^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Lovein Mexican food!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Well I'll give this 5 forks because it's similar to my "Mexican Lasagna" which I love. We cut it like a piece of lasagna and then add shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa. I then noticed your "Chicken Tortilla Bake" which is a lot like my "Mexica...morepleasantvalleycabins in Logan loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!