Channay Chawal Or Chickpeas With RiceFrom ambus 5 years ago
- 250 gm white chickpeas(wash and soak in water for an hour) shopping list
- 1/2 kg basmati rice(wash and soak in water for 1/2 an hour) shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion,finely sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds shopping list
- Pinch of nigella seeds shopping list
- 2 large cardamoms pods shopping list
- 6-8 cloves shopping list
- 10-12 whole black peppers shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 3-4 green chillies,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp ginger,juilined shopping list
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes,chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red chillies powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper,ground shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 5-6 dried plums(Aloo Bukharay) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg & mace powder shopping list
- water as required shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chickpeas in plenty of salted water until done.Drain excess water and keep chickpeas aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add cumin seeds,nigella,cardamoms,cloves,cinnamon stick and black pepper.
- When it begins to crackle,add chopped green chillies and juilined ginger.
- Stir fry for a minute,then add ginger garlic paste.
- Add chopped tomatoes,red chillies powder,ground black pepper and stir well.
- When well mixed,add boiled chickpeas,dried plums,salt and water.
- Drian the water from rice and add rice to chickpeas mixture.
- Mix and cook on high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.Cover and cook until the water is almost absorbed and the rice are tender.
- Sprinkle nutmeg & mace powder.
- Now cook on very low heat,covered,for 5-10 minutes until water is dried and rice is completely cooked.
- Serve hot with salad,pickles and raita.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating10 people
Lovely dish, this has a lot of great spices here! Will be trying soon!juels in Clayton loved it
OOooooh Ambus, dear..... Thanks!!! I really love to try new flavors and recipes... You deserve 10.berry in loved it
Wonderful spice mix, this sounds wonderful. Very nice indeed.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Anything Goes286 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
From Middle Eastern Lands253 members
A Friend From Pakistan80 members
Asian Foods233 members
Family Favorites137 members
Tried And True Recipes38 members
Checkin Central283 members
I Like Rice21 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members