Chicken MarsalaFrom gagagrits 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup flour for coating shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves-pounded 1/4 in. thick shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 sm. onion shopping list
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup Marsala wine- use a good one, it's not that expensive shopping list
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry shopping list
How to make it
- Pound chicken until about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown.
- Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms and onions.Cook until onions are soft.
- Pour in wine and sherry.
- Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes turning only once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Can be served over spinach noodles, rice, or fettucini
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookgagagrits Irmo, SC
The Rating8 people
Yummy. This sounds great and the picture is spectacular. Great post my friend. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This sounds so good. Bookmarked.gecko in Cleveland loved it
This sounds wonderful. Great recipe.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!