Almond Breaded Tilapia Nuggets With Cajun Rub Served With Honey Habanero Bbq Sauce and Greek Style YogurtFrom trigger 4 years ago
- Tilapia cut into two-inch by two- inch strips. shopping list
- CAJUN RUB: shopping list
- 1teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- BREADING: shopping list
- 2 cups of barley bread crumbs or whole wheat bread crumbs. shopping list
- ½ cup sliced almonds course ground shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of fresh parsley rough chopped. shopping list
- ½-teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- ½-teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- ½ cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-cup buttermilk shopping list
- One large egg shopping list
- FOR FRYING: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- honey habanero BBQ SAUCE: shopping list
- ½ cup of honey shopping list
- 1/4-cup Habenero Chipotle BB-Q-Sauce Recipe (see my recipe) shopping list
- ½-cup Greek style yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Beat the egg and add the buttermilk and beat until blended.
- Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl set aside
- Combine the breading ingredients set aside.
- Sprinkle the Tilapia with the Cajun Rub and rub it evenly on both sides of the fish.
- Add the flour to a bowl and toss the Tilapia to coat shake off excess flour.
- Heat a fry pan with the oil and butter on medium high heat.
- Dip a few pieces at a time into the buttermilk mixture and coat generously with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry until golden on each side and place on cookie sheet lined with a paper towel.
- Repeat until all the tilapia is finished.
- Serve on a warmed plate with Honey BBQ Sauce and a dollop of Greek style yogurt.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating10 people
this is fantastic!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I love this idea, your breading is just amazing with the ginger, cayenne, ground almonds, and the chipotle BBQ sauce for dipping, you are truley an artist....:)
And a Beauty Flag for you.gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Oh, Michael, this looks and sounds mouthwatering! You've really outdone yourself on this one! Will be definitely trying this delicious fish recipe, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it