Empanadas PaisasFrom quaziefly 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb. each of pork and beef shopping list
- 1 tbsp each of onion and scallion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin seed and salt shopping list
- dash pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup each of chopped onions and chopped scallions shopping list
- 4 small tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 lb. (4 medium-sized) potatoes, boiled with skin shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp fresh cumin seed, ground shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 lb. dry yellow corn shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- The night before, marinate the meat with the onions, scallions, salt, pepper and ground cumin seed.
- The next day, brown the meat in the vegetable oil.
- Then return the marinade and add water.
- Cook until meat is tender (40 min).
- Remove and grind meat.
- Saute the onions and scallions in 4 tsp. oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry an additional 3 or 4 minutes.
- Mix in the ground meat and meat stock and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Peel and mash the cooled, boiled potatoes and add them to the meat and vegetable mixture.
- Mix the salt, pepper and ground cumin seed into the meat and Potato mixture.
- Apart, boil the dry yellow corn in sufficient water to cover the corn, for about half an hour.
- Put the cooked corn through a grinder.
- Knead the dough until it is thoroughly mixed and form a firm ball.
- Pick off small pieces and form into the size of small balls.
- Flatten each piece thin.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of the meat mixture in the center of the flattened ball.
- Fold over and pinch edges together to close and form a pretty edge.
- Place in deep, hot vegetable oil and fry about 3 or 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and put on paper towels in a colander.
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookquaziefly ALL POINTS
The Rating15 people
Sounds like a great side dish for a bbq :)aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
These remind me of Russian cooking, except for the spices used here. A must try for me, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
I love Empanadas. This is a very different recipe than the one I use & sounds really good. I have to try it soon. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!