Patti LaBelles Over the Rainbow Mac N CheeseFrom sparow64 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound elbow macaroni shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounce) shredded muenster cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounce) shredded mild cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounce) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounce) shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Velveeta, cut into small cubes shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni.
- Cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain well, rinse
- Return to the cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan, melt 8 tablespoons of the butter.
- Stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses.
- To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese mixture, the cubed Velveeta and the eggs.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese mixture and dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating10 people
over the top delicous high5 thanks bunches print try and save thanks sparrow.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Give me mac & cheese or give me death!!! Ok, maybe not that extreme, but this looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing!!adzell in Ann Arbor loved it
WHOA - heart attack here! but yummyjett2whit in Union City loved it