Patti LaBelles Over the Rainbow Mac N CheeseFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound elbow macaroni shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounce) shredded muenster cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounce) shredded mild cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounce) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounce) shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Velveeta, cut into small cubes shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni.
- Cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain well, rinse
- Return to the cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan, melt 8 tablespoons of the butter.
- Stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses.
- To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese mixture, the cubed Velveeta and the eggs.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese mixture and dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 17
- EpicuriouslySheryl St. Charles, Missouri
- mlbrown Nowhere, Us
- Noy17 Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- adzell Ann Arbor, MI
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- Plus 7 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating10 people
over the top delicous high5 thanks bunches print try and save thanks sparrow.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Give me mac & cheese or give me death!!! Ok, maybe not that extreme, but this looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing!!adzell in Ann Arbor loved it
WHOA - heart attack here! but yummyjett2whit in Union City loved it