Sweet and Smoky Baked BeansFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups navy beans shopping list
- 1 small onion -- peeled shopping list
- 1 chunk salt pork, about 1" cube shopping list
- 2 slices bacon -- chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses shopping list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Soak dried beans in cool water overnight.
- Add salt pork and bring to a boil the next morning.
- Drain the beans and salt pork and add it to the bean pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients plus just enough water to cover the beans.
- Stir to mix all ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 250ºF. for six hours or beans are tender
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating11 people
LOVE THOSE BEANS!!!leebear in Brookpark loved it
will leave out the salt pork aotherwise delicous thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
thank you for a good recipe for baked beans... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it