Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos In The Slow CookerFrom keni 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups salsa shopping list
- 2 limes shopping list
- 2 T chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 t cumin shopping list
- 1/2-1 cayenne pepper shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- about 12 full sprigs fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 cups pepperjack or monterey jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 3 green onions, chopped shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Place rinsed chicken in crock pot and add juice from both limes, chili powder and salsa.
- Tie or band cilantro together and drop on top of chicken along with lime halves(don't worry, these will all be fished out, later :)
- Cook on low about 8 hours or so.
- When tender enough to shred, remove lime halves and cilantro, and shred in pot using two forks. Stir well and add remaining seasoning.
- Set your slow cooker to lowest setting(I use warm) and continue to simmer about 30 minutes. (I use this time to prepare rice)
- To serve, warm tortilla in dry skillet until just beginning to toast but are still flexible.
- Add a spoonful of chicken mixture to tortilla and add cheese, sour cream, green onions, and more cilantro, as desired.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating10 people
Mmmmm....looks and sounds delicious! Great spices here, too!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds great, Keni! ;') (how ya been?)justjakesmom in Everett loved it
I made these the other night, and they were amazing! It was an easy recipe to follow, and it it was some of the best chicken I've ever had! The only thing I did differently is that I used rotel instead of salsa because that's what I had on hand.
moremonica26 in Cleveland loved it