Andrews Power-Packed Vegan ChiliFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cubanelle pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 red peppers, chopped shopping list
- 20 baby carrots, chopped shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, diced shopping list
- 10 button mushrooms shopping list
- 2 jalapeños, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp cumin shopping list
- 3 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tbsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tbsp basil shopping list
- 1 tbsp paprika shopping list
- 2 tsp mustard powder shopping list
- ½ cup stout beer shopping list
- 28 oz whole tomatoes shopping list
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 small can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup quinoa shopping list
- 2 19-oz cans mixed beans shopping list
- water, as required shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a VERY large stockpot.
- Add onion and sweat down thoroughly.
- Add ingredients through to the jalapenos. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Add spices and stir until fragrant.
- Pour in stout, tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir well and add water (or beer) as required (the mixture should be fairly liquid).
- Add cocoa powder and stir.
- Let simmer on low heat 45 minutes.
- Add quinoa, stir and simmer 20 minutes, adding water if required.
- Add beans along with their liquid, stir and simmer at least 15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 56
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating12 people
haha its my chili mwahaha lol this was so good its even good in a borrito or taco.eggchef in Ajax loved it
Definitely going to try this! Stout, cocoa and all..miikkah in Helsinki loved it
OMG! YOU ROCK! I've been looking for a good vegan chili. My brother is vegan and when he comes over for dinner, I have to bang my head for recipes that would fit his diet. thank you so much!!mrseller in Long Beach loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking With Kids38 members