Avoca Cafe Brown BreadFrom borinda 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously oil an 8" x 5" loaf pan. Dust it with dried breadcrumbs.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the molasses and stir in enough milk to give the batter a "moist but not sloppy" texture.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan and shake to level.
- Bake somewhere between 6 to 20 minutes, keeping an eye on the bread to see when it has risen.
- When it has risen reduce the heat to 325 and continue to bake for another hour.
- run a knife around the inner sides of the pan to loosen the bread and ease it out.
- If, when tapped on the bottom the bread sounds hollow, it is done. Otherwise place it back in the oven just on the rack without its pan, and bake a bit more, until it passes the "hollow test", about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice to serve and accompany with softened butter.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating2 people
How did I miss this? Thanks so much for pointing me here, Borinda. I'll make this tomorrow - how wonderful. I'm so excited! I'll report back...can't wait...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Hey there my friend! I wanted to let you know that I made your bread on Sunday and it was so delicious. I ate so much...and will be making this many more times. Thank you very much - you brought a taste of Ireland in my life. =)
Smiles...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
wow....youre back already...hope you 2 had a great time....and what a treat...you brought back a great recipe for us too...LOLOLOL...Im gonna have to try this soon...sounds too good not to.....Thanks for sharing it with us all.paprikamama in Lake Mary loved it