onion bhajisFrom indian chef 9 years ago
- 100 grams gram flour shopping list
- 2 large sized onions finely dhopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder(optional) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black onion seeds(potional) shopping list
- handfull finely chopped fresh corriander leaves shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt/ to taste shopping list
- 100 ml of water shopping list
- 200 ml of cooking oil to fry shopping list
How to make it
- mix the gram flour,onions,chilli powder,turmeric,salt,corriander leaves and onion seeds well.
- add water to it,mixing it constantly, to make it into a batter of dropping consistency
- heat oil in a wok
- drop the batter in the oil using a teaspoon,into small balls
- deep fry till golden brown in colour on a medium flame
- pat the fried bhajis with a kitchen towel to soak excess oil
- serve hot with salad and tomato ketchup.
- the gram flour shud be enough to coat all the onions well. If ur onion pieces start separating in the oil....that means,ur batter needs some more gram flour.
- fry the bhajis immediately after the batter is prepared. If the batter is left to stand for long,the onions give out moisture making the batter very liquid, and frying very difficult.
The Cookindian chef Ottawa, Canada, MH
The Rating7 people
I love Bhajis ! I love Bhajis !
I'm gunna make these :-)
If I had not just had breakfast I would go make some right now.
The extra tips are very useful for someone who has never made them. Great post. I look forward to more of your ...moredee in Tampa loved it
Made these today. So easy and soooooo tasty! Thank you!mumoftwo in London loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!