Toltottpaprika - Stuffed PeppersFrom paprikamama 8 years ago
- 8 medium sized green peppers shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground beef (or 1 lb. beef if you do not want to include pork) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground pork shopping list
- 1 raw egg shopping list
- 1 cup washed rice shopping list
- 2- 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatos (or 3 or 4 lbs. fresh peeled tomatos) shopping list
- 1 large white onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced. shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. good Hungarian paprika (buy imported sweet) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt or more if desired. shopping list
- 2 Tbls. sugar (do not omit) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper corns shopping list
- 2 whole Bay laurel leaves shopping list
- 1 cup water only if needed shopping list
How to make it
- Cut off the tops of peppers and reserve. Take out the seeds.
- In mixing bowl, place the ground meat, raw egg, washed rice, salt and paprika. Rice can be cooked for about 5 minutes and then drained. Mix well with clean hands.
- Stuff peppers, using all the meat mixture. If you have some left over, make a few balls. Set peppers up-right in cooking pot.
- Add the tomatos, sugar, onions and chopped tops of peppers over the peppers, toss in the black pepper corns and the bay leaves.
- Cover and slowly cook for about 1 1/2 hours. , this can also be done in the crock pot on low for 6 hours.
- If it looks too thick add a little water.
- sour cream can be added to individual servings.
- Serves 4.
People Who Like This Dish 23
- moose12 Nowhere, Us
- AndyandNila Boston, Sweden
- stellajean Nowhere, Us
- Patsacookin Nowhere, Us
- messyjes Plainfield, IL
- leroux Surfside Beach, SC
- tilgidh Blackshear, GA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- esme Westford, MA
- Plus 13 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookpaprikamama Lake Mary, FL
The Rating8 people
I must have these now. I love stuffed peppers and these look just awesome. Thanks for the great post. (too bad my silly family doesn't like peppers, that means more for me.)notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Inhaled 2 jumbo stuffed peppers and mashed potatoes and 4 stuffed meatballs. I'm full as a tick on a hound. My stomach is making little puppy dog noises. Need to lay down 'till the swelling subsides.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Great recipe! I have a couple of stuffed green pepper recipes but your recipe is very unique. I am looking forward to preparing it ;-) Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!