Blt SaladFrom pudgy47 8 years ago
- 1 cup cubed whole-wheat country bread shopping list
- 2 tps. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 medium tomatoes, divided shopping list
- 3 Tbs. mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 Tbs. minced chives or scallion greens shopping list
- 2 tps. distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 tps. garlic powder shopping list
- 5 cups chopped hearts of romaine lettuce shopping list
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Toss bread with oil and spread on a baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Cut 1 tomato in half. Working over a large bowl, shred both halves using the large holes on a box grater. Discard the skin. Add mayonnaise, chives, vinegar, garlic powder and pepper; whisk to combine.
- 3. Chop the remaining 3 tomatoes. Add the tomatoes, romaine and croutons to the bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon.