Almost NaanFrom elgourmand 7 years ago
- • 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- • 1 generous tsp yeast shopping list
- • 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- • 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- • 2 tbsp mixing oil (butter is better) shopping list
- • butter for painting, melted. shopping list
- • about 3/4 cup of warm milk shopping list
- • ¼ cup Sour dough starter (room temp) shopping list
- • about ¼ cup of vanilla custard (optional, you can use water) shopping list
- • sesame seeds for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix milk, custard and sour dough starter together (these should be room temp or warmer) add the yeast, mix and let proof.
- 2. Put the flour, sugar and salt in a good size mixing bowl and stir around a bit.
- 3. Add the mixing oil, or butter and mix thoroughly.
- 4. Add the milk mix and work the dough into a ball. The dough should be soft and elastic, not tough. Adjust dough and kneed for 5 minutes.
- 5. Cover dough and let stand about 30 minutes, until double in size.
- 6. Turn your oven on to broil and put the rack at the top.
- 7. Pinch off a golf ball size hunk of dough, + or _ and pat it into a circle about a thin ¼” thick. Do as many of these as will fit on your greased cookie sheet.
- 8. Put the Naan on the greased cookie sheet and pop into the oven until golden brown, about 2 - 3 minutes (every oven is itself so you gotta watch.
- 9. Remove from oven, paint with butter (lightly) sprinkle on sesame seeds to taste, turn over and put back in the oven for another 2 minutes or so until just light brown.
- 10. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Looks like Naan to me. I love this stuff with Pate.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating8 people
Good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
I Love Naan Bread Also - Very Much So!!!
I Will Definately Save This Recipe...
As It Sounds Very Delightful!
High 5's My Friend...~:)Chef Irishchef_irish in Gainesville loved it
Thankyou for mentioning this on my page. I couldn't get here fast enough to check it out. I haven't made Naan bread before but I love it so I'll be trying this my next day off. Thanks again & a big 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!