Jose Nadas Basic Hot SauceFrom elgourmand 5 years ago
- • 20 jalapeno peppers, sliced, remove seeds if you want less heat. shopping list
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- • 1 small white onion, minced shopping list
- • ½ tsp ground cumin shopping list
- • A sprig of cilantro, chopped shopping list
- • Pinch of paprika, Optional. shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 2 cups water or 1 cup water and 1 cup beer. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a medium sauce, combine oil, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, onion and salt.
- 2. Cook 4 - 5 minutes over high heat.
- 3. Add water, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 20 minutes, stirring often.
- 4. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 5. Transfer to a food processor, add the cilantro and puree until smooth.
- 6. If it seems a bit thick to you add some water or beer.
- 7. Pour into a sterilized jar with a tight lid.
- Never had it last very long but reckon it will stay fresh about 3 months in the refrigerator! This is hot but should not cause encendido rojo rulacho, maybe.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating8 people
Jose 'NADA's' recipe sounds 100% better than a shop bottled one with added stabilizer '415' I'll tweek this one adding some ginger and palm sugar. Cheerfully !!!!!5
~Nada~nadaism in Bathurst loved it
WOW!!!! what a great sauce. five forky!goodeat in Benton loved it
I like fan the mouth saucehungrybear in Miner loved it