Jose Nadas Basic Hot SauceFrom elgourmand 4 years ago
- • 20 jalapeno peppers, sliced, remove seeds if you want less heat. shopping list
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- • 1 small white onion, minced shopping list
- • ½ tsp ground cumin shopping list
- • A sprig of cilantro, chopped shopping list
- • Pinch of paprika, Optional. shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 2 cups water or 1 cup water and 1 cup beer. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a medium sauce, combine oil, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, onion and salt.
- 2. Cook 4 - 5 minutes over high heat.
- 3. Add water, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 20 minutes, stirring often.
- 4. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 5. Transfer to a food processor, add the cilantro and puree until smooth.
- 6. If it seems a bit thick to you add some water or beer.
- 7. Pour into a sterilized jar with a tight lid.
- Never had it last very long but reckon it will stay fresh about 3 months in the refrigerator! This is hot but should not cause encendido rojo rulacho, maybe.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating8 people
Jose 'NADA's' recipe sounds 100% better than a shop bottled one with added stabilizer '415' I'll tweek this one adding some ginger and palm sugar. Cheerfully !!!!!5
~Nada~nadaism in Toowoomba loved it
WOW!!!! what a great sauce. five forky!goodeat in Benton loved it
I like fan the mouth saucehungrybear in Miner loved it