Spiced Pistachio ChickenFrom keni 5 years ago
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts or thighs shopping list
- 1 stick butter, melted shopping list
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2T honey shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lime shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- about 1 1/2 cups pistachio meats shopping list
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2t cayenne(to taste, of course) shopping list
- 1T dry minced onion shopping list
- 1t garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2t Old Bay Seasoning(optional) shopping list
- 1t dry mustard shopping list
- 1t celery powder(optional) shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in microwave in large glass bowl.
- Add garlic, ,honey, lime juice, salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Add egg and whisk again.
- Place all chicken pieces into butter mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- Let sit while preparing crust.
- Pulse pistachios in food processor to create a coarse grind.
- In large zipper style bag combine nuts, breadcrumbs, cayenne, onion, garlic powder, Old Bay, dry mustard, celery powder and pepper. Mix well.
- After chicken has rested in wash for about 10 minutes(it will get goopy and yucky looking due to the butter cooling, but don't worry :), place a few pieces at a time into zipper bag of coating ingredients and toss to coat.
- Place in baking dish or deep cookie sheet or cast iron pan(this is what I use :) Continue with remaining pieces. See Photo
- Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes, depending on thickness and size of pieces. Cook until juices run clear and internal temperature is 170. Do not turn chicken while baking.
- Remove from pan onto wire baking rack and let sit about 5 minutes.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating3 people
I will be trying this out soon. Your recipe sounds delicious.brianna in loved it
a didtintively different spin on chickenkarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
And yet another way to abuse the humble chook. I can see I'm going to have to get the boys to pluck a few extra birds next week. Your usual sterling effort, of course. Guess we should remind Mal he's lucky the butter isn't lard. Mal's a good sort and...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it