New York Strip Steaks With Blue Cheese ButterFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- For the blue cheese butter: shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese, preferably Maytag or Point Reyes shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste shopping list
- For the steaks: shopping list
- 4 8- to 10-oz. New York strip steaks, 1 to 1-1/2 inches thick shopping list
- Olive oil shopping list
- Kosher salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- To make the butter, blend the butter, blue cheese, garlic, and pepper together in a medium bowl. (A fork is a good tool for doing this. If you wish, you could use a hand mixer.) Pack the butter in a small container and refrigerate until needed. The butter can be made several days in advance and even frozen.
- Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling. Brush olive oil over both sides of the steaks and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill racks. Preheat your grill using all burners set on high and with the lid closed for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place the steaks on the grill, close the lid, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Add a minute or two to each side for medium; subtract a minute or two from each side for rare. Remove from the grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Smear at least a tablespoon of the butter over each steak and serve.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating2 people
Thanks for the compound butter deal. I make a bit of this and that kind of butter as needed but just plane forgot that a batch of several kinds of this can be made up and will get used more often. You're right, it adds another dimension to cooking. T...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
Blue Cheese is great on steaks.jkirk in Waupaca loved it