Italian Style Stuffed PeppersFrom chuckieb 4 years ago
- 2 large red, yellow or orange peppers shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup each diced celery and onion shopping list
- 1 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup each grated parmesan cheese and ketchup shopping list
- 1 tsp. each dried basil and oregano (fresh would be lovely too!) shopping list
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella or crumbled feta shopping list
How to make it
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat, sauté celery and onion for 1-2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add mushrooms and sauté another 3-4 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Stir in garlic and remove from heat.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, Parmesan, ketchup, basil, oregano and either the mozzarella or the feta cheese.
- Spoon mixture into peppers and place in shallow baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes in 375 degree oven until peppers are tender and stuffing is golden.