Chicken Satays With Peanut SauceFrom chuckieb 6 years ago
- 8 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in half lengthwise shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 shallots, peeled shopping list
- 3 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (I use low sodium) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. veg. oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander shopping list
- Peanut sauce: shopping list
- 4 generous tbsp. smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. Asian chili paste shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, blend garlic, shallots and cilantro to a paste.
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce, oil, sugar, curry powder, turmeric and coriander. Puree until smooth.
- Pour marinade over chicken thighs in a big bowl. Stir thoroughly to coat chicken. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Thread chicken strips onto presoaked bamboo skewers. Brush with remaining marinade.
- Grill or broil, turning several times, until cooked through and slightly charred, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with peanut sauce.
- Peanut sauce:
- Add all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat slowly over medium heat, whisking frequently until sauce is hot and thick. If sauce is too thick add a little more water.