Ground Beef Skewers With Peanut Satay SauceFrom chuckieb 6 years ago
- For the skewers: shopping list
- 6 wooden skewers shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- fresh coriander, chopped for garnish shopping list
- For the Satay sauce: shopping list
- 4 Generous tbsp. smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 tsp. soya sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. serrano chili paste shopping list
How to make it
- Soak skewers in water for 1/2 hr before cooking.
- Mix onion and ground beef in bowl.
- Add baking soda, salt and pepper and mix again.
- Form meat mixture into 6 sausage shapes by rolling meat between parchment paper.
- Broil skewers until meat is browned on all sides and no pink remains inside, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with Satay sauce and garnish with chopped coriander!
- Satay sauce:
- Add all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Heat slowly over medium heat, whisking frequently until sauce is hot and thick.
- If sauce gets too thick, just a little more water.