The Good Old Damm Fish'n Chips ! (tilapia Version)From williamgag 6 years ago
- 18 oz of tilapia filet shopping list
- Homemade fries (which I'll post a recipe of soon) or my great curry chips ! shopping list
- Some lemon shopping list
- For the frying dough: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup of flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of corn starch or corn flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder shopping list
- 1 tb spoon of olive oil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup of blond beer shopping list
- 1 pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut the filets into pieces and sponge them on Scott Towels, Bounty or whathever you want.
- 2. Mix the eggs like if you were making an omelet
- 3. In a bowl, place the flour add the omelet like mixture, the olive oil, the beer and the salt. Mix well and let cool in the fridge for one hour.
- 4. Mix the egg whites while introducing the mixture in it. Soak the pieces of fish in the mixture and fry them at 350° 2 minutes each sides.
- 5. Sponge them well and salt them generously.
- 6. Serve with lemon and fries !
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookwilliamgag Montreal, Canada
The Rating3 people
Another one of yours I've tried, already, William! :) The flavor of this was spot on...a very mild batter which lent itself perfectly to the acid one MUST have on the fish of fish and chips! :) Whether it's malt vinegar or lemon. I've never added ...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
Had this the other night and it was very nice. Thanksnanoo in UXBRIDGE loved it
Great recipe. The batter should be really excellent and Tilapia works but for true Brit fish & chips you need Cod. Thanks for the post. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!